If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to our church office:
Position Overview and Purpose
The Parish Administrator is a full-time salaried position that provides support to the Pastors, staff and members in all areas of ministry at First Lutheran Church (FLC). The position works under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor in coordination with church policies, guidelines and practices.
- General office management skills
- Professional and pleasant demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially Church Windows, MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, or comparable software. Ability to learn new software packages and systems
- Excellent written communication skills, with close attention to details and completeness of work in a timely manner
- Proficiency in website maintenance and social networking
- Maintain the presentability and organization of the office.
- Maintain the church office hours.
- Maintain weekly updates to church signage, indoor monitors, church website, and Manhattan Mercury church news.
- Prepare and print worship bulletins and announcements accurately. Coordinate collation by volunteers.
- Prepare the weekly worship areas with materials, hymn numbers, candles, lessons, etc.
- Be knowledgeable about the life of the congregation by actively engaging with the staff and members.
- Order office supplies, and maintain organization of storage areas.
- Review, code and submit all church expenses to the bookkeeper in preparation for the church council and annual budget process.
- Maintain, approve and submit staff payroll hours to bookkeeper.
- Maintain attendance records, church directory, and Parish Register; including pastoral acts, transfers, etc.
- Attend and contribute to weekly staff meetings.
- Engage with congregation by attending worship services, preferably twice a month as requested/needed.
- Attend parish activities as interested or requested.
- Maintain wedding schedule in coordination with FLC pastors.
- Refer various FLC ministry requests to appropriate staff.
- Work with staff and volunteers to promote all ministries of FLC.
- Be knowledgeable about outreach ministries of FLC, and related community programs.
- Systematically maintain contact with leadership of FLC outreach ministries,and provide assistance when requested.