First Lutheran Church has re-opened for worship in person as of Sunday, February 28, 2021. Please join us at 8:15 am and 10 am! We will continue to livestream worship at 10 am.
Here’s what you can expect in worship:
- Masks are expected to be worn, especially when entering and exiting the building, and while singing.
- Pews will be blocked off to allow for social distancing between family groups
- Very similar to worship this past fall, the service will be abbreviated, without passing of the peace or offering plates, and singing will be led by our cantor
- Communion will also be as we did in the fall, accommodating for best health and social distancing practices
- There will not be any RSVP system for in-person worship; come as you can, come as you are!
- Appropriate cleaning will happen between services.
- We welcome volunteers! We need readers and communion servers for both services, no experience necessary, contact Stephanie- email@example.com
Remember, we are continually re-evaluating
worship practices and needs and will adjust as necessary, your grace is
In order to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect the most vulnerable in our community, some aspects and ministries of First Lutheran Church are under restrictions:
- The office is open 9 am to 3 pm M-TR and 9 am to noon F. Appointments are strongly encouraged.
- Community meals continue to be served on Thursdays and Fridays. Thursday meals are at First Presbyterian Church: 801 Leavenworth Street. Friday meals are served outside to-go only.
- Poyntz Ave Group is meeting in person.
- Ministries and committees of the church may meet online via videoconferencing or in person, spaced out and wearing masks.
- Masks are REQUIRED in the building in the following circumstances: between the hours of 7:30 am-9:00 am and 3:30 pm-5:00 pm (Lamb of God pick-up and drop-off times), during Sunday worship, at all times while in the kitchen, and at all times while in shared office spaces (such as the main office).
- At all other times and places, masks are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED while in the building. Please do your part to keep our neighbors healthy!