In order to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect the most vulnerable in our community, some aspects and ministries of First Lutheran Church remain closed:
- The office is open by appointment only.
- Community meals continue to be served outside Thursdays and Fridays.
- Poyntz Ave Group is meeting in person.
- Several ministries are continuing to meet via Zoom only, including women's circle meetings, quilters, bible studies, and more. Please contact the leader of your ministry or the office to make sure that you have the most current information on your ministry.
- We have resumed worship in person starting June 14. Please see details about in person worship below.
- Worship will be a 30 minute service on Sunday mornings at 9:00 am and 10:00 am.
- Worship will also be live-streamed at 10:00 and the link to the livestream will be posted on the home page of our website and our Facebook. We encourage anyone who does not yet feel ready to be out in a group of people to make use of our live-stream worship, knowing that you will be joining us in just as meaningful a way as in person!
- We are asking everyone to sign up ahead of time in order to keep worship attendance to around 50 people. Our sign-up system is designed to leave room for walk-ins- even during COVID, all are welcome here!
- Sign-ups will also include volunteer opportunities for worship, including: clean-up crew (basic wiping down surfaces and sanitizing), lector (read scripture), and Communion server (assist pastor in handing out Communion at the end of service). We are so appreciative of all our volunteers who will make worship happen, so please consider signing up!
- Precautions will be taken in the building and during worship to minimize risk of infection, including: not sitting in every pew to maintain distance, not passing objects during worship, not reusing bulletins, not having a lot of movement during the worship, and not singing. This last point is hard for me, because singing in worship brings a great amount of joy to many of us. In order to be as safe as possible, for now, we will refrain from singing out loud together. However, we have a fabulous line-up of organists and musicians who will be bringing meaningful music to our worship in other ways!
- At this time, cloth or paper masks are required in worship. Please bring your own, or if you don't have one FLC has provided some free of charge near the entryways.
- We will not be having a nursery (but parents, a shorter service is a great time to have your young kids start to learn how to worship!)
- Because of the size of the chapel and the needed staff and personel to make worship happen at this time, we will not be having a Saturday evening option for worship. Please know this is not a permanent change, and as soon as we are able to expand worship options, we will include Saturday night.
- Masks are REQUIRED in the building in the following circumstances: between the hours of 7:30 am-9:00 am and 3:30 pm-5:00 pm (Lamb of God pick-up and drop-off times), during Sunday worship, at all times while in the kitchen, and at all times while in shared office spaces (such as the main office).
- At all other times and places, masks are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED while in the building. Please do your part to keep our neighbors healthy!